This week’s Alibi Exchange comes from our good friend Ioan, who is 6. After enjoying this beautiful puppet show by Little Angel Theatre, Ioan decided to have a go at making his own film with puppets. Have a watch.
We loved Ioan’s film so much that we asked him to tell us how he made it.
If you’d like to make a film of your own, here are some tips:
- Think of a story that you would like to tell
- Draw your characters onto paper and cut them out. Ioan stuck his characters onto lolly sticks, but you could use a pencil or a rolled up piece of paper – anything stick-like!
- Make a background for your story. Where is it happening? On a beach? In a city? On the moon? In a castle? It can be anywhere you like. Draw a picture, or if you have a printer you could choose a picture and print it out. Stick it to the wall with something that doesn’t mark, like tack or masking tape. Now you can get your characters to act out the story in front of your background.
- What objects could you use? Ioan looked around the house and used a torch as a brilliant space ship. You can be inventive -a straw hat can be a sand dune, a spoon can be a mirror. Look at everyday things and imagine what what they could become.
- Film your story! Ioan had some help here. It was filmed onto a phone. He played some music in the background to help make the film especially dramatic.
We hope you enjoy making your films and get lots of good ideas from the Little Angel show and Ioan’s film. As always, we’d love to see what you make. You can send them to email@example.com and we’ll share some of them on our website.
Perhaps, like Ioan, you have an idea for an Alibi Exchange activity. Do get in touch and let us know.
If the files you are trying to send are too large to send over email, please send via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a quick 'How to' guide on WeTransfer click here. If you have any questions, or any difficulties accessing any of the materials, please do let us know and get in touch with email@example.com.