volunteer at the festival of st thomas stories
This Summer we need a big cohort of volunteers to help us for our Festival of St Thomas Stories.
Live events, activities, exhibitions, performances and more will be happening all over St Thomas from the 8 – 10th of July, including a brand new show by Theatre Alibi.
The Festival of St Thomas Stories, happening this summer, is the culmination of three years’ work by Theatre Alibi. It all began with a pop-up exhibition about the area, which took place in Theatre Alibi’s home, Emmanuel Hall in 2019.
The Festival will celebrate this community and its great stories in an event for the whole city to enjoy, with performances, music, workshops and much more. Events will take place throughout St Thomas, from cafes to churches to solicitors’ offices.
And from the 1st – 10th July, Theatre Alibi will perform their brand-new production, River Land, at Emmanuel Hall, which will be transformed into an exciting pop-up theatre and bar.
Volunteer Roles will include:
- Ushering at Emmanuel Hall for performances of River Land.
- A volunteer being on hand at every event during the Festival to answer questions.
- Help Wool on The Exe to Flower Bomb St Thomas with all of their knitted/hand crafted flowers.
- Help distribute flyers.
- Help running the pop-up bar.
- Assist with any creative workshops.
- Help decorate Emmanuel Hall to create an indoor bar.
- Help with social media during and before the festival & our show.
We will be organising a get-together in early June to talk about the volunteer roles – please email Annie Chave, email@example.com, if you are interested and able to be part of this event in any capacity however big or small.
General Volunteering OPPORTUNITIES
Become part of the Alibi team
Volunteers are an essential part of our community here at Theatre Alibi. We are small company made up of lots of different components which, combined, make our work possible. We have our office team (see who we are here), the professional artists, who work with us on each creative project, and we have our wonderful volunteers.
Why volunteer with us?
- We are a registered charity who have been creating inspiring theatre for our audiences since 1982. You’ll be contributing to the creation of invaluable work that reaches diverse audiences in schools, community spaces and theatres.
- If you are interested in the arts, volunteering with us will give you the opportunity to be an intrinsic part of the creation of that work.
- If you are interested in a career in the arts, volunteering with us provides fantastic experience of doing meaningful work within a nationally renowned theatre company.
- You’ll be able to meet and work with industry professionals. Many of our volunteers are currently working, or have previously worked in the arts industry.
- On some projects, we’ll be offering bespoke training opportunities especially for our volunteers.
And a lot of fun…
- We’ll be setting up socials for you to meet the other volunteers. You’ll form a close knit and creative team.
- For some of our productions we will offer you entry into the dress rehearsal for a first sneak peek of what we’re up to.
- You’ll be offered a free ticket to future Theatre Alibi shows.
- And last but by no means least, you’ll be given a FREE Theatre Alibi branded water bottle (and lanyard).
What will you be doing?
What you will be up to depends entirely on the project we have running at the time, so it is extremely varied work and changes from year to year. This summer we will be launching ‘We Are St Thomas’ – a special exhibition celebrating the people of St Thomas. But we will be able to tell you more about that at the first volunteer briefing. All you need to do is sign up below…
How do I sign up to be a volunteer?
Please fill out the expression of interest form by clicking here. We’d just like to know a bit about you, and for you to share with us why you’re interested to volunteer with Theatre Alibi.
Or, if you prefer, just give us a call and have a chat with Annie, our Volunteer Coordinator, her details are below.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch. You can email Annie, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our office on 01392 217 315 – we’d love to chat to you.
Sign up to our Volunteers Newsletter by clicking here. We’ll keep you updated with all our latest news that relates to volunteering. We’d love to keep you in the loop.
Photos of our St Thomas Pop-Up Exhibition, taken by Ben Borley.